Promotion according to SOG

For building projects in protection zones, you can apply for a subsidy under the City and Local Heritage Protection Act.

This page was translated automatically. The City of Innsbruck assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the translation.

Please contact the Service Unit Projects, design and site protection.. before any planned construction and rehabilitation measures in protected zones. and get advice about conditions and subsidies!

What is supported?

Funding is provided for renovation and repair measures of buildings in protection zones and characteristic buildings according to the SOG, which serve to preserve the special characteristics of the district.

There is no legal claim to the granting of a corresponding subsidy!

Which documents & requirements must be fulfilled?

  • Application for SOG funding (funding application)
  • Invoices including proof of payment
  • Land register excerpt
  • Approval according to SOG of the corresponding measures.
  • Coordination of the measures with the advisory board of experts (SVB) or, if applicable, with the municipal representative in the SVB.

How much is the subsidy?

Funding is provided for (additional) costs incurred due to the SOG in addition to the costs that would also have to be incurred due to the Tyrolean Building Code.

The funding consists of the granting of subsidies. This means that the subsidy is granted after the renovation measures have been implemented and paid for.

Application: Where & When do I apply for the grant?

You can apply for funding under SOG in the Service Unit Projects, design and site protection

Five steps to funding

  1. Before construction begins , you submit an application for a grant under the City and Townscape Protection Act, where you describe the measures and present them with plans.
  2. The department checks whether a subsidy is possible and, if so, defines conditions for the modification.
  3. You will receive a notice of approval and the unit will check compliance with the described measures or the conditions during the construction work.
  4. After completion of the work, you submit to Service Unit Projects, design and site protection.. copies of the invoices together with payment confirmations. The unit will then determine your additional costs.
  5. The city senate or municipal council decides on the subsidy and you receive the subsidy.

What documents do I need for the application?