Acknowledgment of paternity is a written declaration of being the father of the child. This results in legal consequences such as entry in the child's birth certificate, maintenance obligation, right of inheritance, right of contact, etc.
How and where can you have paternity acknowledged?
You can have paternity acknowledged
- at the registry office of your child's place of residence,
- at the child and youth welfare office of your child's place of residence,
- at the embassy (if you as the father or mother are not an EEA citizen)
have it recognized.
As the father, you must go in person to the Service Unit Registry office and citizenship - Birth or to the Lade Text City Department Child and youth welfare .. and take the necessary documents with you to have paternity acknowledged.
What documents do I need for paternity acknowledgment?
- a declaration of consent to acknowledge paternity signed by the mother
- official photo identification of the father (e.g. passport, identity card)
- Birth certificates of father, mother and child
- Citizenship certificates of father and mother
- Registration certificates of father, mother and child
- Since different documents are required depending on the case, a personal interview is always necessary for an acknowledgment of paternity. Therefore, please make an appointment with City Department Child and youth welfare .
This might also interest you:
Last updated 21.03.2023