A confirmation of registration is always required for various administrative procedures and applications. In Innsbruck, you can apply for this in person, in writing or online with a cell phone signature.
There are two variants of a confirmation of registration:
- simple confirmation of registration with information, since when and where you are currently registered
- historical registration confirmation with information from all previous registrations and deregistrations
How do I get a registration confirmation for myself?
You can request a simple notification confirmation for notifications online. You will need
- a citizen card (mobile signature or chip card) and
- an online payment option (e.g. credit card, online banking)
If you do not have a citizen card, you can request the registration confirmation informally in writing or in person. In doing so, you must prove your identity with an official photo ID.
You can only request a registration confirmation for yourself or for your minor children.
What documents do I need to get a registration confirmation for myself?
- official photo ID in the original (of you and, if applicable, of your child)
- Online: Citizen card (e.g . cell phone signature)
What does a registration confirmation cost?
For the application
Verbally: free of charge
In writing: 14.30 euros
Electronic application with citizen card (e.g . cell phone signature): free of charge
For the issuance of a registration confirmation
- Federal fee: 14.30 euros
This fee is waived if the registration confirmation is addressed to a specific person or authority other than the applicant.
- Federal administrative fee:
- Meldebestätigung aus dem örtlichen Melderegister (gives only the registration within the municipality): 2,10 Euro
- Meldebestätigung aus dem ZMR (at the registration office or online with citizen card): 3 Euro
- Enclosure fees (only apply if enclosures are attached to the application):
- Verbal or written application: 3,90 Euro per sheet up to a maximum of 21,80 Euro
- Electronic application with citizen card (e.g. cell phone signature): 2.30 euros per sheet
How do I get a registration confirmation for my child?
Minor children cannot request a Meldebestätigung for themselves and thus cannot request one online. To obtain a registration confirmation for your minor child, you must submit the request in person or in writing to the registration office. To do this, you need an original official photo ID of the child and the legal representative.
Who are my contacts?
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Unit Registration and residents' affairs, passport matters - Registration, deregistration, confirmation of registration
This might also interest you:
Last updated 22.03.2023