How do I resign?
The registry office in which you reside is responsible for your resignation. You must therefore be registered in Innsbruck with your main place of residence in order to be able to resign from your legally recognized church, religious community or state-registered religious denomination at the registry office in Innsbruck.
You hand in this
- Form for leaving the church together with the
- the required documents
- by online form, e-mail, mail or in person at Service Unit Registry office and citizenship - Religious Exit . or at the district office Igls and Vill.
What documents do I need to leave the company?
- Official photo ID
- Proof of membership in the religious community, for example by:
- Baptismal certificate
- Marriage certificate (if married, because of name change)
- Confirmation or confirmation certificate
- Contribution account number according to proof of payment or request for payment
- Other confirmation of membership from the religious community (e.g. a letter from the contribution office)
- Completed form for leaving the church
Further information can be found at österreich.gv.at.
How do I join a religious community?
To join a religious community, contact a representative of your desired church, religious community or confessional community. The registry office is only responsible for leaving.
Who are my contacts?
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Unit Registry office and citizenship - Religious Exit
Last updated 03.10.2023