Who can initiate towing?
Towing from private property (i.e. not official towing) can be ordered privately and falls under civil law.
Your vehicle has been towed?
If you suspect that your vehicle has been towed (removed via official authority), please contact the nearest police station.
Towing charges must be paid directly when you pick up your vehicle. If you refuse to pay, you will be sent a notice imposing the costs. In this case, the towing company may not refuse to hand over the vehicle.
How much does towing cost?
A fee must be paid for towing. This is independent of fines.
- Towing trip:
- single-track vehicles: 216 Euro
- multi-lane vehicles: 240 Euro
- Custody until 24.00 hours of the first day following the removal:
- single-track vehicles: 12 Euro
- multi-lane vehicles: 14,40 Euro
- Custody thereafter from the second following day or part thereof:
- single-track vehicles: 6 Euro per day
- multi-track vehicles: 7,20 Euro per day
- Custody from the eighth following day or part thereof:
- single-track vehicles: 3 Euro per day
- multi-lane vehicles: 3,60 Euro per day
Where is the reimbursement of costs for towing regulated?
- For provincial roads in the ordinance of the provincial government on the setting of rates for towing and custody of vehicles in the provincial capital Innsbruck, LGBl. No. 2/1993.
- For roads other than federal and provincial roads in the ordinance of the municipal council, municipal council resolution of 25. 2. 2010, Zl. II-SV-00354e/2009, see Innsbruck city law.
- This tariff applies only to towing initiated by the authorities.
Last updated 06.12.2022