The Community Nurse is a central point of contact for family caregivers in all matters relating to care and health. The aim is to relieve the burden on family caregivers. The Community Nurse is part of Innsbrucker Soziale Dienste GmbH (ISD), carries out home visits and networks existing structures.
What is community nursing?
- Community nurses are qualified healthcare and nursing staff who offer low-threshold support and relief services close to home.
- They are a central point of contact for family caregivers in all matters relating to care and health
- Existing services, such as home nursing care, are supplemented.
- Community nursing promotes and protects the health of individuals, families and communities.
- Community nurses are also responsible for networking existing care and health structures, act as advocates, organize information and training events and offer regular consultation hours.
How does the Community Nursing Project help me?
- All services are free of charge for family caregivers.
- Central point of contact for family caregivers for questions about care and health
- Preventive home visits (by appointment)
- Information and advice (in the form of home visits and consultation hours)
- Survey of current care and unmet needs
- Coordination and referral to additional services
- Training for family caregivers
- Representation ofinterests
What are the goals of community nursing?
- Keeping people in their own homes for longer by strengthening family caregivers
- Promoting the health, quality of life, well-being and self-help skills of family caregivers
- Promoting the health skills of family caregivers
- Networking regional care and health services
How is the project funded?
As part of the Austrian Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRF for short), around 120 pilot projects on community nursing are being implemented across Austria, which are funded by the European Union, NextGenerationEU. The pilot project in Arzl-Dorf and Mühlau is also 100 percent financed by these EU funds.
Who are my contact persons?
If you have any questions, please contact the ISD Mobile Care and Support.