Buy city apartment

Who is eligible for the (rental) purchase of city apartments, how do you apply and how are the apartments allocated?

This page was translated automatically. The City of Innsbruck assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the translation.

Since municipal apartments are in high demand, there is a ranking that decides on the allocation of apartments. More about requirements, income limits, housing needs, application, required documents, size of the apartment offered and responsible for the construction of the apartments can be found on this page.

Who can apply for the purchase of a subsidized apartment of the City of Innsbruck?

  • Citizenship:
    • You are an Austrian citizen or
    • from the EU or EEA area (§ 17 Abs. 6, TWFG 1991 i.d.F. ) with a registration certificate or
  • Primary residence: you are at the time of application
    • with main residence in Innsbruck for the last five years without interruption or
    • previously residing with main residence in Innsbruck for a total of 15 years or
    • continuously employed in the municipal area of Innsbruck for six years.
    • If you have spent a longer period of time in the provincial hospital in Hall, Natters or Hochzirl or in an assisted living facility, this time will be credited to you under certain conditions.
  • Age: You are at least 18 years old at the time of application, except:
    • You are a minor parent, then you can be pre-registered before the age of 18, or a minor married couple.
  • Income: Your income must not be too high(income table)
  • Housing need: you must have a housing need.

Important! You will only be earmarked for one year and must notify any changes within four weeks.

You must renew the application each year, even if there have been no changes. The Service Unit Housing Allocation.. explicitly points this out when you submit your application. If you do not renew the application in time or if you do not announce changes, the application will be closed and you can only be preregistered again after one year.

What is the maximum amount of my income?

Number of personsUpper limit net in the annual twelfth
13.600 euro
26.000 Euro
36.450 euro
for each additional person+ 450 euros

When is there a housing need for a condominium of the city of Innsbruck?

You have a housing need if:

  • Your current apartment is a rental apartment.
  • Your current condominium is too small:
    • 1 person household: less than 2 rooms
    • 2 person household: less than 3 rooms
    • 3-person household or more: less than 4 rooms
  • Your apartment is no longer suitable for you due to a disability (e.g. wheelchair user), serious illness or frailty due to age.

How do I make an application for a city apartment?

You can submit the application for a lease-purchase apartment of the city of Innsbruck within the party opening hours in the Service Unit Housing Allocation

5 steps to the (rental) purchase of a city apartment

  1. You take all the necessary documents and the completed questionnaire with you and apply in person during party opening hours in the Service Unit Housing Allocation. for a municipal condominium.
  2. In case of telephone inquiries or by mail, indicate your ID number, full name, Adresse and date of birth.
  3. Note: If one year passes from the date of your application, you must renew the application.
  4. If it is your turn according to the waiting list and there is an apartment for your requirements, you will receive an apartment proposal - You can accept or reject this.
  5. If you reject it, you will receive another proposal. If you also reject this proposal, you will be removed from the waiting list. If you meet the requirements again, you can submit a new proposal after one year. If you reject again, there are longer lock-up periods.

Required documents

Original & copy documents of all persons involved

  • Passport
  • Birth certificates - alternatively asylum decision
  • residence permit, if applicable
  • if applicable, confirmation from the health office (original only)

Documents in copy of all family members - if applicable

  • Proof of income:
    • Annual payslip of the previous year (tax office)
    • last 3 monthly payslips (in case of change of company) (available at your company)
    • Salary confirmation-net (in case of new entry) (available from your company)
    • in case of self-employment - proof of own withdrawal (confirmation from your tax advisor)
    • Co-insurance confirmation (your health insurance company, e.g. ÖGK)
    • Pension statement (pension insurance)
    • Nursing allowance notification (according to pension notification)
    • Minimum income (social security office)
    • Unemployment benefit or unemployment assistance (AMS)
    • Weekly allowance (your health insurance, e.g. ÖGK)
    • Childcare allowance (your health insurance fund, e.g. ÖGK)
    • Apprenticeship compensation (your employer)
    • Sickness/rehabilitation benefits (your health insurance fund, e.g. ÖGK)
    • Maintenance or alimony payments (court order or account statements in case of a written agreement between the parents)
    • Rent or housing subsidy (province of Tyrol)
    • Documents on all other income such as scholarships (university)
    • Military pay
    • Declaration of support from parents, etc.
  • Apprenticeship contract
  • Confirmation of studies/attendance at school for children above the 9th school level
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree or proof of divorce filed in court
  • in case of pregnancy, mother-child passport (the page with the date of birth (page 13)) or medical confirmation of pregnancy (your gynecologist)
  • Declaration of paternity, custody order, visitation order
  • Rental agreement
  • Confirmation of payment of rent from the previous month
  • in the case of an apartment exchange: statement of rent account issued by the property management company
  • Persons in the parental household: rental contract or extract from the land register of the parents
  • Waiver of rental rights for municipal. Apartments
  • if applicable, court notice of termination, eviction settlement
  • ÖGK insurance data extract on employment in Innsbruck (only if you do not have a main residence in Innsbruck and have been employed in Innsbruck for six years without interruption)
  • if you are applying through a third party: signed power of attorney with a copy of your ID card
  • Death certificate (for widowed persons)

How are the apartments awarded?

The apartments are allocated according to a points system. The apartments are awarded according to ranking on the waiting list.

The longer you have been waiting for an apartment, the more points you have already accumulated. Attention: Do not forget to renew your application one year after you have submitted it! Otherwise, your application will be closed and you can only be put on the waiting list again after one year, if the requirements are met.

What is the size of the apartment I get?

The size of the apartment depends on the number of people + one room to a maximum of four rooms.

Who is responsible for the construction of the apartments or the property management?

The city of Innsbruck cooperates with the following housing developers who realize and manage housing projects: