Change of gender affiliation

Do you want to change your gender? Then there are a few things to consider. You can find the information here.

This page was translated automatically. The City of Innsbruck assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the translation.

A change of gender means changing the gender entry in the Central Civil Status Register. By changing your civil status, you are officially recognized in your living gender and can receive the appropriate documents.

How can I change my gender?

For what reasons can I change my gender?

The prerequisite for approval is a statement from a specialist in psychiatry or a psychotherapist or a clinical psychologist containing the following:

  • A declaration that there is a sense of belonging to the opposite sex,
  • that this is in all likelihood largely irreversible
  • A statement that there is a clear approximation to the external appearance of the opposite sexdruck

What documents do I need?

After the change of gender

Only after the change of gender can a new, gender-specific first name be adopted through a name change for adults or minors.

A new birth certificate is then issued. This birth certificate can be used to apply for the reissue of all relevant documents, such as

  • Confirmation of registration
  • Change of name in the certificate of citizenship
  • New issue of a passport
  • Driving license - duplicate

Who are my contact persons?

If you have any questions about changing your gender, please contact Lade Text Service Unit Registry office and citizenship - Birth

If you have any questions about the subsequent name change, please contact Lade Service Unit Registry office and citizenship - Name change