My pet has died - what should I do?
If your pet should die at home, please contact the Service Unit Veterinary - Wasenmeisterei for further information. Our staff member is available to assist you outside of office hours.
Please note that proof of death is required for dog tax deregistration.
Have you found a stray animal?
My pet has run away - what can I do?
Please contact the Service Unit Veterinary - Wasenmeisterei It is responsible for escaped animals in the city of Innsbruck.
- Try to stay calm.
- Make a note of the place and time of your last encounter.
- Inform your neighbors, possibly also acquaintances and relatives.
- Publish a notice in places heavily frequented by people (e.g. bulletin boards in grocery stores).
- Ask the Service Unit Veterinary - Wasenmeisterei .. or other agencies (e.g. Animal Welfare Society for Tyrol, established veterinarians in your area) for information.
What can I do as a precaution so that my animal is found more quickly?
- If you have a dog, you are obliged to have it chipped and to register it in the pet database (see more on the subject of dogs). You can also have your cat chipped (this is required by law for breeding cats, among others). This way, your pet can be returned to you more quickly.
- Always keep the data in the pet database up to date.
- Indicate your data on the animal's collar, for example via a dog tag.
- Have your EU pet passport ready and make sure it is complete.
Last updated 02.10.2023