My pet has died - what should I do?
If your pet should die at home, please contact the Service Unit Veterinary - Wasenmeisterei for further information. Our staff member is available to assist you outside of office hours.
Please note that proof of death is required for dog tax deregistration.
Have you found a stray animal?
My pet has run away - what can I do?
Contact the loading text Service Unit Veterinary - Wasenmeisterei It is responsible for lost animals in the city of Innsbruck.
- Try to keep calm.
- Make a note of the place and time of your last encounter.
- Inform your neighbors, possibly also acquaintances and relatives.
- Publish a notice in places frequented by people (e.g. notice board in grocery stores).
- Ask the Service Unit Veterinary - Wasenmeisterei or other bodies (e.g. animal protection association for Tyrol, registered vets in your area) for information.
What can I do as a precaution so that my animal is found more quickly?
- You are obliged to have your dog chipped and register it in the pet database (see more about dogs). You can also have your cat chipped (this is a legal requirement for breeding cats, for example). This means that your pet can be returned to you more quickly.
- Always keep the data in the pet database up to date.
- Enter your details on the animal's collar, for example using a dog tag.
- Have your EU pet passport ready and make sure that it is complete.