What are subsidies?
Subsidies are regulated by private law. The city is not obliged to grant them. Subsidies are therefore voluntary support from the city of Innsbruck. They can, but do not have to, consist of a monetary payment. The following types are distinguished:
- Annual subsid ies are intended as support for recurring and ongoing costs, such as rent, personnel or energy costs of facilities.
- Individual and project subsid ies usually support one-time, non-material projects.
- Special subsidies support material investments.
Subsidies are governed by the subsidy regulations.
In which areas are subsidies granted?
- FamiliesService Unit Women and generations ..)
- WomenService Unit Women and generations ..)
- Integration/migration (LoadingService Unit Strategy and integration ..)
- Children and youthService Unit Women and generations ..)
- Operating subsidies for private child education and care institutionsService Unit Education Service Center loading text ...)
- Ecclesiastical affairsService Unit City Archive/City Museum ..)
- CultureService Unit Cultural development and promotions - Cultural subsidies ..)
- Real estateService Unit Real Estate ..)
- Agriculture and forestryCity Department Forest and nature ..)
- Senior citizens & operation of senior citizens' homesService Unit Women and generations loading text ...)
- Social affairs and healthService Unit Inpatient care and social subsidies - Social subsidies ..)
- Sports: Innsbruck sports clubs that belong to a Tyrolean sports association or the three umbrella associations can apply for subsidies for events, sports facilities or ongoing sports operationsService Unit Sports promotion and sports facility development ..)
- Education and trainingCity Department School and education ..)
- Economy and TourismService Unit Economy and tourism ..)
To get an overview of which subsidies are granted, for example, you can look at the subsidy checker to see the subsidies granted in previous years.
Where & how do I submit a subsidy application?
You can submit all subsidy applications online.
The signature is done via the cell phone signature or ID Austria.
Alternatively, you can use a manual (statutory or company) signature and then upload the document. Here you must also add a valid official photo ID (driver's license, ID card, passport).
Attention: Within one calendar year the subsidy amounts are added up.
What do I need for my application?
- Cell phone signature or ID Austria
- if you sign by hand: Drucker and scanner or camera.
- If the applicant is a legal entity: A document stating who is authorized to represent the applicant. In the case of associations, this is the current excerpt from the register of associations, in the case of a limited liability company, a current excerpt from the commercial register, etc.
- IBAN of the applicant for the subsidy
- Documents/concept for the intended use
- Financial plan structured according to :
- Income (without other subsidies)
- Personnel costs
- Material costs
- other subsidies applied for or already granted and the resulting part for the city of Innsbruck
- Statistical data, such as: Association members, user/visitor numbers, ..
- Ev. other. Documents, such as brochures, catalogs, ..
Further information on the requirements and the process can be found in the subsidy regulations of the provincial capital Innsbruck.
In exceptional cases, previously agreed with the department, subsidy applications are also possible at a later date.
Which way does my subsidy application go?
- You submit the online application.
- This is followed by a formal review in the Subsidies & Property Valuation Unit
- Is the application correct and complete?
- Are the contact details correct?
- Have the "right" people signed?
- Is the account in the name of the association? etc.
- If the application is correct, it will be forwarded to the relevant department (sports, culture, social affairs, etc.) for review.
- A decision-making body then decides whether to grant the subsidy:
- If the application is for up to 3,000 euros, the political officer responsible for the department decides.
- For applications of more than 3,000 euros, a committee of the municipal council (e.g. cultural committee, committee for social affairs and housing allocation, etc.) deliberates.
- The decision is made thereafter:
- up to 10,000 euros in the city senate,
- for amounts above 10,000 euros in the municipal council,
- Attention: Within one calendar year the subsidy amounts are added up.
- The application comes back to the department
- You will receive a reply letter and, if necessary, payment.
- You must provide the supporting documentation no later than June 30 of the following year.
How and when do I provide the supporting documents?
Information on the required evidence is provided in the commitment letter you received. The documents must be received by June 30 of the year following the subsidy payment at the latest. For this purpose, there is a verification form.
How to submit the evidence is also stated in your letter of acceptance. In principle, you need the following documents:
- Completed and signed subsidy statement
- Invoice receipts, made out to the subsidy recipient with payment confirmations in the amount of the subsidy (The presentation of original receipts is only required upon request)
- For travel: Travel invoices with original travel tickets
- Overall statement in the form of an income/expenditure statement or balance sheet
- Proof of logo usage. Be sure logo usage is correct.
- Invoices must be made out to the subsidy applicant.
What are the most important deadlines?
In principle, subsidy applications can be submitted until October 31 of the current year. For the following year, applications are possible from October 1. The earlier you apply, the better!
Deadlines for submission of subsidy applications to the City Department Culture ..:
- Cultural Committee January 17, 2023 - Deadline: December 28, 2022
- Cultural Committee March 15, 2023 - Deadline: February 22, 2023
- Cultural Committee May 3, 2023 - Deadline: April 12, 2023
- Cultural Committee July 5, 2023 - Deadline: June 14, 2023
Submission deadlines for grant applications to the City Department Social ..:
- 1. February 2023 at 4:00 p.m. - Deadline: January 11, 2023
- 10. May 2023 at 16.00 - Deadline: 19 April 2023
- 28. June 2023 at 4.00 p.m. - Deadline: June 7, 2023
Submission deadlines for subsidy applications to the City Department Sports ..:
- 2. Half of March - Deadline: February 20, 2023
- 2. Half of June - deadline: June 12, 2023
- 2. Half of October - deadline: September 20, 2023
- 2. Half of November - deadline: October 20, 2023
Submission deadlines for subsidy applications to the Service Unit Economy and tourism ..:
- Committee: March 30, 2023 - Deadline: March 09, 2023
- Committee: June 13, 2023 - Deadline: May 30, 2023
Which subsidies have been granted so far?
In the subsidy checker you can view the subsidies granted in previous years.
Who are my contacts for my subsidy application?
Questions regarding content
For questions regarding content, contact the appropriate office or unit:
|Families||Service Unit Women and generations|
|Women||Service Unit Women and generations|
|Integration/Migration||Service Unit Strategy and integration|
|Children and youth||Service Unit Women and generations|
|Promotion of children and youth - operating contributions||Service Unit Child and youth development|
|Ecclesiastical affairs||Service Unit City Archive/City Museum|
|Culture||Service Unit Cultural development and promotions - Cultural subsidies|
|Real estate||Service Unit Real Estate|
|Agriculture and forestry||City Department Forest and nature|
|Senior citizens & operation of senior citizens' homes||Service Unit Women and generations|
|Social and health care||Service Unit Inpatient care and social subsidies - Social subsidies|
|Sport||Service Unit Sports promotion and sports facility development|
|Teaching and education||City Department School and education|
|Economy and tourism||Service Unit Economy and tourism|
For questions regarding the subsidy application process or the online form, please contact the Service Unit Subsidies, cost and activity accounting
Fair Pay funding for cultural institutions
The City of Innsbruck is providing funding for the year 2023 to support cultural institutions in the implementation of Fair Pay measures as of January 1, 2023. The Fair Pay grant can only be applied for in connection with an artistic/cultural project. In a first phase, the top-up payment is made to 80% Fair Pay level. A Fair Pay grant can be awarded to employees with genuine and free service contracts.
Eligible to apply are legal entities that have already received funding for general cultural activity and the creation and maintenance of the structures necessary for that activity from the Office of Culture in previous years.
The funds made available as fair-pay compensation are to be used explicitly for fair-pay measures. The funding application can be submitted immediately for the year 2023.
What documents do I need?
- fully completed application form including the documents requested therein
- fully completed and signed "Fair Pay 2023" data sheet
Where can I find further information?
Innsbruck district funding
From now on, the city of Innsbruck will promote district-related projects to strengthen the local community. 30,000 euros will be made available annually for this purpose. A maximum of 7000 euros will be awarded per application per year. Smaller projects will also receive targeted funding.
What are the criteria?
Effectiveness in the neighborhood and holistic concept: Your offer or project not only benefits your own association or its members/users, but also addresses the extended neighborhood (residents, entrepreneurs, associations). A wide range of local actors are considered, included and, ideally, involved.
Topicality, relevance and continuity of the socio-spatial work: Your offer or project addresses current issues and resources in the district, addresses different target groups in terms of age, gender, origin, education, etc., or specifically involves certain target groups more strongly in the community.
- Activities in public space (district festivals, exchange offers, markets, interactive art and culture projects with a thematic district connection)
- (Temporary) provision of spaces for non-commercial initiatives and associations that have an impact on the neighborhood
- Offers for networking and activation of committed people in the district
Applications for funding can be submitted as a subsidy application for the area of "Social Affairs and Health" with the reference "Innsbruck District Funding".
Form & Links
This might also interest you:
Last updated 07.06.2023