What kindergartens are there in Innsbruck?
There are 30 municipal and 32 private kindergartens in Innsbruck. Here you can find an overview:
How are children cared for in municipal kindergartens?
The educators take into account the individuality and personality of the child and his or her initial family situation. They attach importance to holistic support, competent education and upbringing. The children experience encouragement through stimulating sensory activities and sufficient movement.
How long are the municipal kindergartens open?
The kindergartens are open from 7:00 to 16:30.
Is there a lunch service in the city kindergartens?
All kindergartens in the city offer lunch tables. Cost: 4 euros / meal
How much will care cost in 2022/23 in the municipal kindergartens?
Kindergarten fee for children from 3 to 6 years:
- until 13.00 hrs. free of charge with or without lunch possible (4 euros per meal)
- until 14.00 hrs free of charge + compulsory lunch (4 euros per meal)
- full day 33,30 Euro per month + compulsory lunch (4 Euro per meal)
Children who do not have their main residence in Innsbruck:
Kindergarten fee for children from 3 to 4 years old
- until 13.00 h 78,20 Euro per month with or without lunch possible (4 Euro per meal)
- until 14.00 h 78,20 Euro per month + compulsory lunch (4 Euro per meal)
- full day 135,60 Euro per month + compulsory lunch (4 Euro per meal)
Kindergarten fee for children from 4 to 6 years old
- until 13.00 o'clock free of charge with or without lunch possible (4,00 Euro per meal)
- until 14.00 hrs free of charge + compulsory lunch (4,00 Euro per meal)
- full day 66,40 Euro per month + compulsory lunch (4,00 Euro per meal)
The cut-off date is September 1 in each case.
Is there also vacation care?
The vacation care is organized differently. You can find more information here:
Enrollment: How do I register my child for the municipal kindergarten?
This year, enrollment will take place from Monday Jan. 23 to Friday Feb. 3, 2023 .
- You make an appointment with the kindergarten you want your child to attend.
- You come to the kindergarten on the agreed date with your child and all the necessary documents.
- You register your child there.
What documents do I need for enrollment?
- Birth certificate of the child
- E-card of the child
- current registration form of the child and parents
Special enrollment locations:
- Enrollment for the Kindergarten in der Au is to be handled at the Kindergarten Müllerstraße.
- The enrollment for the kindergarten Müllerstraße is to be handled at the kindergarten Wilten-West.
Late registration: Can I still register my child later?
You were not able to attend the enrollment or you recently moved to Innsbruck? Here you can officially re-register your child.
Places will be allocated after the first two weeks of kindergarten at the end of September.
Please note that this electronic late registration does not entitle you to a kindergarten place!
Can I change the municipal kindergarten?
If you have changed your place of residence within the city area, you can submit a change request.
Please note that this electronic exchange request does not entitle you to an exchange place!
Who do I contact about kindergartens?
- If you have questions about the municipal kindergartens, contact the Service Unit Education Service Center
- If you have questions about private kindergartens, contact the respective kindergarten. You can find the contact information in the search above.
Is there a way to discuss educational issues in my native language?
For this purpose, there is the free interpreting offer of the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research: "Wir verstehen uns! - Video and telephone interpreting in educational institutions"
Open days for municipal kindergartens:
19.01 and 20.01.2023: 08.00 to 12.00 and 14.00 to 16.00 hrs
Downloads & Forms:
This might also interest you:
Education Service Center
Monday to Wednesday:
8.00-12.00 and 14.00-17.00
Thursday & Friday:
Monday to Thursday:
8.00-12.00 and 14.00-17.00
Last updated 26.03.2023