What is subsidized?
The city of Innsbruck promotes measures in residential buildings to increase thermal and sound insulation as well as environmentally friendly measures to reduce energy consumption and pollutant emissions.
As of 01.01.2021, the municipal subsidy "EnergiePlus" was adapted to the new Tyrolean housing subsidy. Some criteria such as the thermal insulation values (U-values) were tightened. In addition, the connection to a district heating pipeline was included in the catalog of measures.
As of 01.09.2022, the installation of a photovoltaic system with a system output of at least 6 kilowatt peak will now also be subsidized by the city of Innsbruck. All those who have already applied for federal or state subsidies this year can submit the subsidy application to the City of Innsbruck.
Subsidies consist exclusively of one-time grants and are awarded in addition to federal and state subsidies.
Specifically, the following are subsidized:
- Individual measures to improve thermal insulation, such as insulation measures for exterior walls, the top floor ceiling or the pitch of the roof, the basement ceiling, and the replacement of windows and front doors
- Increased subsidies for renovation measures with insulation based on renewable raw materials
- Installation of soundproof windows
- Installation of sound-insulating ventilators
- Passive measures to prevent overheating in summer
- Comfort ventilation systems and individual ventilators, each with heat recovery
- Thermal solar systems (new and existing buildings)
- Installation of electrically driven heat pumps (new and existing buildings)
- District heating connection (new and existing buildings)
- Photovoltaic systems
How much is the subsidy
The amount of funding you receive depends on the measures. You will find the exact list in the funding guidelines.
What requirements do I have to fulfill?
- In principle, you must be eligible for the housing renovation subsidy under the Tyrolean housing subsidy.
- The technical requirements (see building-related requirements) must be met.
- The property to be subsidized must be occupied as your main residence.
- Before carrying out the measures, you must take advantage of an energy consultation.
- All necessary official permits must be available. Please note that, for example, there are design requirements for renovation measures (e.g. replacement of windows, painting of facades, roofing) in a protection zone according to SOG. For this you need a permit according to SOG. You can also apply for a subsidy in accordance with SOG for the additional expense incurred as a result.
- You can find the technical requirements of the building services systems in the GET product database. Only systems listed there will be subsidized.
- The invoice documents must not be older than 18 months at the time of application.
Application: Where & When do I apply for the grant?
To the funding in five steps
- Initial consultation in the Service Unit Housing subsidies, arbitration board 2 - Housing subsidy
- Use of a free and obligatory energy consultation
- Creation of a renovation concept
- Implementation of the renovation measures
- Submission of the subsidy application (see Required documents)
You must submit the application no later than 18 months after completion of the project in the loading text Service Unit Housing subsidies, arbitration board 2 - Housing subsidy by means of a form.
Which documents do I need for the application?
- Application "Innsbruck promotes: EnergiePlus"
- Invoices and proof of payment (original or copy)
- Energy consultation with Energie Tirol
- House technology acceptance confirmation in the case of changes to the house technology
- Form F14 in case of more than three apartments affected by the renovation
- All permits required for the implementation of the measures
Last updated 08.12.2022