Who can apply for the senior citizen card?
- have their main residence in Innsbruck and are
- are over 60 years old or
- younger persons who receive an equalization supplement in addition to their pension
Where/how do I apply for a senior citizen card?
You can apply for a senior citizen ID card online, in the Service Unit Citizen service and lost property service .. or in the Service Unit Citizen service and lost property service - District Office Igls and Vill ...
What documents do I need?
- Photo ID (passport, ID card or driver's license)
- If you are an entitlement card holder, also the entitlement card
- In case of a compensatory allowance, the proof of compensatory allowance
How much does the senior citizen ID card cost?
The ID card is free of charge.
What are the advantages of the senior citizen card?
- every year at the beginning of September two days free travel on all lines of the IVB (core zone Innsbruck), Stubaitalbahn, Patscherkofelbahn, Innsbrucker Nordkettenbahnen incl. Hungerburgbahn and Schlick 2000 hiking center (in all weather conditions)
- Reduction for public transport (reduction according to year)
- Discount for mountain railroads (discount according to year)
- Municipal indoor and outdoor swimming pools (discount according to year)
- City library (discount on annual subscription)
- City Archive/City Museum, Goldenes Dachl Museum (discount rate)
What happens if I move away from Innsbruck?
If you move away from Innsbruck, you have to return the ID card in Service Unit Citizen service and lost property service .. return it.
Data protection information according to Art. 13 DS-GVO for the issuance of a senior citizens' identity card
Please note that we process the personal data disclosed by you exclusively for the purpose of issuing a senior citizen ID card in the Municipality of Innsbruck.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent and the personal data will not be disclosed to third parties. The personal data will be deleted after the death of the person concerned. The provision of the personal data is necessary for the issuance of the ID card.
According to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO), all persons have the right to information, rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, data portability and to object in case of consent. There is no automated decision making including profiling. You can exercise these rights in writing and with proof of identity via email@example.com. The provision of personal data is required by law for the implementation of your data subject rights. For more information, please visit www.innsbruck.gv.at. Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Austrian data protection authority(firstname.lastname@example.org, www.dsb.gv.at).
Last updated 01.10.2023