What is subsidized?
The municipality of Innsbruck promotes the conversion of bathrooms for Innsbruck's senior citizens and people with disabilities if they are permanently restricted in their mobility. The aim is to enable these people to live in their own homes for as long as possible.
Specifically funded are:
- Installation of a shower in accordance with the technical guidelines (threshold-free access, minimum size) including shower walls/partitions, grab rails and folding seat.
- Inlet and outlet pipes including completion of the shower.
- Any necessary relocation of existing sanitary equipment such as boilers, sinks.
- Tiling work (pro rata) including moisture protection
- Accompanying necessary structural measures (e.g. demolition and disposal of an existing bathtub)
- Any necessary relocation work for electrical installations
How much is the grant?
The one-time grant amounts to 35 percent of the total eligible construction costs, but a maximum of 3,500 euros per conversion of a wet cell.
How long is the funding available?
As of January 1, 2022, the municipal stimulus grant "Conversion of wet rooms suitable for senior citizens" was approved for a period of five years until December 31, 2026 , subject to available funding.
Which requirements do I have to fulfill?
You can apply for the one-time subsidy from the City of Innsbruck if you:
- occupy an existing apartment in Innsbruck with main residence. (rent or own)
- receive a subsidy from the province of Tyrol.
- have the Innsbruck Senior Citizen's Card or the Disabled Citizen's Card (due to permanently limited mobility).
- comply with the municipal technical guidelines.
- The invoice receipts must not be older than 18 months at the time of application.
Application: Where & When do I apply for funding?
What documents do I need for the application?
- Application for bathroom remodeling for seniors
- Invoices and proof of payment (original or copy)
- All permits required for the implementation of the measures
- Confirmation of acceptance
Last updated 26.09.2023