If you want to play music on the street in Innsbruck, you have to register for it and buy a ticket. You are only allowed to perform street music in certain places at selected times and you have to follow rules.
Where can I register?
Monday to Friday at Service Unit Citizen service and lost property service .. (point B on the map).
What costs should I expect?
- 1 day: 10 Euro
- 1 week: 50 Euro
Receipt and payment:
- The daily or weekly fee must be paid in cash when picking up the permit. Only cash payment is possible.
- The tickets (day ticket with name and date; week ticket with name and calendar week) are valid upon inspection in conjunction with an official photo ID as proof of permit. A refund of the amount is not possible.
Important: The issued ticket must be carried and presented to the authorities upon request.
Which places are available for street music?
- Maria-Theresien-Straße: north side in front of St. Anna's Column
- Maria-Theresien-Straße: in front of the Spitalskirche (not 18.00-19.00 due to the mass celebration)
- Old town: in front of the town tower
- Old town: crossing Kiebachgasse / Seilergasse
- Old town: Franziskanerplatz
- Prof. Franz-Mair-Gasse (in front of the fountain)
- Rapoldipark (Sillsteg)
- Rennweg pedestrian zone (Leopold fountain; not 20.00-21.00)
- Cool-Inn-Park (near S-Bahn stop Innsbruck-Messe)
- Bozner Platz
- Wiltener Platzl (not on Saturday from 11.00-12.00, not on Sunday)
Attention: If there is a construction site at one of the mentioned places or if an announced temporary event takes place there, we will not offer you a substitute.
When is music allowed?
The general permitted times for street music in designated areas are (please note exceptions):
Saturday to Sunday:
What are the exceptions?
- (2) Maria-Theresien-Strasse: in front of the Spitalskirche: not 18.00-19.00 due to the celebration of mass
- (10) Rennweg pedestrian zone (Leopold fountain): not 8.00-21.00 p.m
- (13) Wiltener Platzl: not on Saturday from 11.00-12.00, not on Sunday
Attention: A change of location is required after each hour!
What are the rules to follow?
- Since some places are close to each other or there are other events in the vicinity, music making is only allowed with these instruments:
- Stringed instruments
- Woodwind instruments
- Keyboard instruments
- Not allowed are:
- Brass and percussion instruments
- Pedestals and other structures
- Four weekly tickets are issued per calendar week, and a maximum of six daily tickets are issued per day.
Who are my contacts?
For ticket sales please contact the Service Unit Citizen service and lost property service
For all other questions about street music (locations, times, rules, amplifiers, ..) please contact the City Department Culture
Last updated 22.09.2023