Endowment: 3.500 & 1.000 Euro
The city of Innsbruck awards two prizes in the category Jazz:
- Jazz Prize: 3.500 Euro
- TAT Special Award: also known as "Publication of the Year", with 1.000 Euro
What is promoted?
Outstanding musical personalities are promoted who have had their central work in Tyrol for a long time.
Who awards the prizes?
The association "TonArtTirol", TAT for short, was founded in 2012 and is particularly dedicated to promoting the regional jazz and improvisation scene. In addition to numerous events, the association awards three prizes every year in the fall. Two of them - the Jazz Prize and the TAT Special Prize - are donated by the City of Innsbruck.
How do I apply?
In order to be nominated for the prizes, the center of activity must be in Tyrol.
- Jazz Prize: No applications are necessary for this prize, as five candidates are nominated annually by the TAT board. The nominees will be notified and must submit an artistic curriculum vitae as well as three audio samples.
- TAT Special Award: For the TAT Special Award there is a call for applications, which is mostly related to sound recordings. This call for entries will be published in good time on the website and social media channels of the association "TonArtTirol"(www.tonarttirol.at).
What can be submitted?
No submissions are necessary in advance for the Jazz Award.
TAT Special Award: All CD/LP releases that meet the following criteria can participate here:
- Release date in the current year or between September and December of the previous year
- Longplay length
- The CD must have been released under the name or under the direction of a Tyrolean musician or band.
Who decides about the award?
- The TAT board proposes five candidates in each category.
- The award winners will be chosen by an independent jury.
Previous award winners
|2021||The jazz prize of the city of Innsbruck: Franz Hackl|
Release of the year: Max Plattner Trio "II
|2019||The jazz prize of the city of Innsbruck: Clemens Ebenbichler|
TAT Special Award: Cultural Initiative [STIEGENHAUSMUSIK]
|2018||The jazz prize of the city of Innsbruck: Helga Plankensteiner|
Release of the year: Harry Triendl "Cycle"
|2017||The jazz prize of the city of Innsbruck: Manu Delago|
The release of the year: From the community "State Of Gmeind"
|2016||The jazz prize of the city of Innsbruck: Romed Hopfgartner|
The release of the year: HI5 "Five"
The jazz prize of the city of Innsbruck: Martin Nitsch
Last updated 08.12.2022