Endowment: 10,000 euros
The prize has been awarded every 2 years since 2015.
What is supported?
The Arthur Haidl Award promotes projects and initiatives in the fields of culture, youth, preservation of tradition, education and humanities. The contribution made to the welfare and reputation of the city of Innsbruck is the main focus of the Arthur Haidl Award.
Who awards the prize?
Reg.-Rat Arthur Haidl (✝ 1979) was Innsbruck's vice mayor and state youthdreferent. In memory of him, his daughter Dr. Roswitha Stiegner has donated this prize since 2004.
How do I apply?
You can submit your documents via the platform kultur-innsbruck.vemap.com.
The current submission deadline is from May 8, 2023 starting at 8:00 am until July 10, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Who can apply?
Individuals but also so-called "legal entities" (e.g. associations, initiatives with a far-reaching sphere of influence, etc.) can apply for the "Arthur Haidl Award of the City of Innsbruck".
The following requirements apply to the submitters:
- 33. Not yet reached the age of 18 at the time of the closing date for submissions
- EU citizen
- for at least 5 years without interruption in the municipal area of the city of Innsbruck or
- for at least 10 years in the territory of Tyrol (North, South and East Tyrol)
- Submission from the 3rd year of existence (proof by extract from the register of associations)
- Submission by Dritte is possible.
Submissions are made exclusively digitally via the "Portal for Art and Culture Competitions kultur-innsbruck.vemap.com.
Which documents are required?
The following documents are required in PDF format for submission on kultur-innsbruck.vemap.com:
- Proof of citizenship of an EU member state (e.g. passport copy, proof of citizenship)
- Current proof of main residence (confirmation of registration) in Innsbruck or in Tyrol (North, South and East Tyrol)
- for associations: Proof of the duration of existence by means of an extract from the register of associations
- Documentation of projects and work carried out so far (e.g. in the form of publications, exhibits, works, press articles, etc.)
- Letter of motivation as to why the applicant is applying for the award
- Half a page project description
Who decides on the award?
The awarding of the prize is pre-considered by a jury consisting of Magistratsdirektorin, head of the cultural office and rector of the Leopold-Franzens-University. The final award is decided by the City Councilor for Culture of the City of Innsbruck. She also has the right to suspend the awarding of the prize for one year, if necessary, without giving reasons. The Arthur Haidl Prize is presented at a ceremony.
Previous award winners
Association UND Booklet
Girls on Ice Austria
|2019||Women from all countries|
bilding - art and architecture school for children and young people
Association Z6 - center for young people
|2015||Association "kNH" / research group "DyME"|
|2014||Anniversary brochure: "10 years Arthur Haidl Award of the City of Innsbruck"|
|2013||Laila Alina Reischer / Academy St. Blasius|
|2012||The bakery culture bakery / Free Beat Company|
|2011||Language Island Association|
|2010||Tyrolean Chamber Orchestra "InnStrumenti|
|2009||"Young UNI Innsbruck|
|2007||Stefan Alois Schwarzenberger|