A happy coexistence between humans and animals in urban areas.

This page was translated automatically. The City of Innsbruck assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the translation.

Since summer 2022, Innsbruck has a wildlife officer of the city of Innsbruck, who deals with issues related to wildlife in the city.

What is the wildlife officer responsible for?

In addition to advising, educating and mediating our citizens on wildlife issues, he is responsible for species protection measures and wildlife monitoring in the urban area. This involves the systematic recording of a wide variety of wild animals.

When do I report to the wildlife officer?

Do you want to provide shelter for songbirds?
You want to do something for wild bees?
Have you spotted a badger or fox in your garden?
Are you plagued by pigeons on your balcony?

If you have such or similar questions, please contact the Service Unit Veterinary - Wildlife.

If you have found injured or dead animals, please contact the Ark Service Unit Veterinary - Wasenmeisterei.

If you have any concerns about pets or livestock, please contact Service Unit Veterinary.

How do I behave if I encounter a wolf?

In case of a wolf encounter, you will find information and tips from the province of Tyrol here. You also have the possibility to report the sighting of a wolf.


Opening hours

by appointment

Monday to Thursday: