Endowment: 6,000 euros
What is sponsored?
Every two years the city of Innsbruck sponsors a "Mural" (wall painting) to make urban art visible in public space.
Who awards the prize?
City of Innsbruck
How do I apply?
You can submit your documents via the platform kultur-innsbruck.vemap.com.
Who can apply?
Eligible for submission are artists who, at the time of submission, respectively
- have the citizenship of a member state of the European Union, the United Kingdom of Great Britain or Switzerland, or are resident in one of these states, and
- have reached the age of 18.
Members of the jury for the City of Innsbruck Street Art Scholarship are excluded from submitting for the scholarship for the duration of their employment with the City of Innsbruck.
Which documents are required?
The following documents in PDF format in German or English are mandatory for submission via the platform kultur-innsbruck.vemap.com:
- Birth certificate (scan)
- current registration certificate, if the applicant is not a citizen of one of the above-mentioned countries
- Data sheet with the following content:
- Personal data
- List of artistic activities
- Current portfolio of works (max. 20 DIN A4 pages) with the following content:
- Short curriculum vitae of the applicant
- Short description of the current works or artistic activities
- Photos of the current works or the current artistic creation, especially of large-scale murals (max. ten in jpg format)
Who decides on the award?
The decision on the awarding of the scholarship is made by an independent jury of experts selected by the Cultural Office of the City of Innsbruck.
The three members of the jury change every two years. If possible, the jury is composed of artists as well as representatives from the fields of art criticism, municipal administration and architecture. The decision on the awarding of the scholarship is made in a non-public jury meeting.
How does the jury procedure work?
The jury procedure has two stages. In the first step, the jury selects five artists from all complete and valid applications. These artists must then prepare a sketch for the selected wall and submit it within four weeks by a date set by the jury. In the second step, the jury will select the winning project from the submitted sketches. The sketches that are not implemented will be compensated with 150 euros. Any additional financial expenditure will not be compensated.
All applicants will be informed after the non-public jury meeting.
This might also interest you:
Last updated 31.03.2023