Residence matters – Service Unit

This page was translated automatically. The City of Innsbruck assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the translation.

Responsible for:

  • Residence permit
  • Settlement permit
  • Extension of residence permit
  • Documentation (for EU and EEA citizens and their dependents)
  • Visa for visits from third countries

Not responsible for:

  • Initial applications for residence in Austria. You have to apply at the Austrian representation (embassy or consulate general) in your home country. (Unless you are allowed to enter Austria without a visa or are otherwise legally in Austria (e.g. residence title in another EU country) - then you can submit the initial application at the Department of Residence Affairs)
  • Apply for a visa.
  • Apply for Austrian citizenship.


Opening hours

Monday to Friday:

Monday to Thursday: